this site the web

Who is Sneaky Pete, and Why is There a Pool Cue Named After Him?

Before we can answer these two questions, we should discuss what exactly a Sneaky Pete pool cue is. To be honest, up until about three years ago I had no clue what anyone was talking about when they referred to these elusive pool cues. So I took it upon myself to do some research and see if I could find one.
As my luck would have it, I know a guy that had one in his case at the local pool hall. I kept wondering to myself, "why is this guy so protective of that house pool cue?" To my surprise, it was not a house cue at all but what he affectionately called his secret weapon. He let me look at it finally. It sure looked like a house pool cue, but there was something definitely different about it. He took it from me, gave it a gentle twist and it broke down into two pieces. You could have knocked me over with a feather! I thought he was killing me and my Meucci with a house pool cue.





I went to the local billiards dealer and found that Sneaky Pete and bought it. When I go to the pool hall, the first thing I do is put the Sneaky Pete pool cue together and let people think I have a house cue.
Then I began to wonder, how did it get its name? Well, the obvious answer was its appearance, but was there someone out there that this cue was named after? It is a topic of debate amongst billiards players, but after extensive research, one name seemed to pop up consistently as the guy who made the Sneaky Pete pool cue.
There was this guy in the early 1900s that was a hustler and liked to play pool for money. He frequented a local pool hall. According to the legend, Peter Anthony Crisafi, found a pool cue he like so much at that pool hall that he stole it. He had it cut in half and made it so that it would screw back together.



Whether there is any truth to this is anyone's guess, but the story is fantastic and I am going to stick with it.
We have a number of Sneaky Pete pool cues amidst the large selection of pool cues that we have at Titan Cue and Table. We have Sneaky Pete pool cues by Fury and Sterling, and we are constantly looking for new brands that make Sneaky Pete pool cues. As we do not carry every pool cue ever made, contact us if you do not see what you want, and we will find it for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

**********************

Usage Policies